25 June 2010

To Ink or Not To Ink?

I'd thought I would talk about tattoos today. Now that the warm weather is here and more skin is exposed, you see more of them. I, myself, have three…well…I say three though one is an add-on to the original which has been there at least eight years.

I have a ladybug on a branch with a butterfly skittering away on my inner forearm, a crescent moon with three small stars inside it about an inch above my ankle, and last summer I added to the moon with seventeen stars running below the moon, over my anklebone, and down the side of my foot.

Out of my three tatts, I would have to say the most painful one was definitely on the foot. When that needle raked over my anklebone I thought I would die! The least painful one was the one on my forearm. It actually didn't bother me at all. The tatt guy asked if I was in the military because I wasn't even flinching. Since we'd been joking about stuff the entire time, I told him that was the reason. It really does help when you have someone with an awesome personality doing your tatt to keep your mind occupied.

So many people I have talked to with tattoos have said the same thing—it's addicting. If you have one (or more) do you agree?

One thing I don't quite understand are people who have tatts in places where only they can see. After sitting through pain I wanted to show it off. But, that's just me, lol. I suppose sometimes the reason could do with career, etc. I happen to be lucky enough to be able to show mine off with pride.

I love tatts and am thinking about getting one on the back of my neck, but close to my shoulder blades. I want something small, but haven't made up my mind yet. Got any ideas? I was thinking about angel wings…just undecided.

Do you have tatts? Where? Where was the least painful? Where was the most painful? Got any pics to share? I'm not sure if pics can be put in comments, but I'd still love to see them. You can post on my Facebook wall – Diane McEntire Vance. I have a pic of my foot tattoo there.

Well, that's my blog for today. If you are in the Charlestown, Indiana area on Saturday, I will have the first three novels of my vampire romance series, The Watchers. Want to find out more about the series? Check out my website – http://www.dmcentire.com/.

2 comments:

Sharon Cullen said...

I go back and forth. Some days I want one, some days I don't. I'm like you though, if I get one, I'm going to put it in a place people can see. Why go through the pain and pay the money to hide it? My husband, however, wants to be the only one to see it.

I know exactly what I want, but I'm a chicken and don't want the pain. I would have an ink pot and quill.

Carolan Ivey said...

I am definitely getting one - as soon as I find a design I'm willing to wear on my body permanently. LOL

I know I want a Scottish thistle, but I have yet to find a design that I love. *sigh*

Also going back and forth on where to put it. Maybe the back of my shoulder, but darn it, I want it someplace *I* can see it without craning my neck. LOL