30 May 2011

Blessings on Memorial Day

To the brave men and women in the US Military:
Thank you for all that you do for us. I wish I could hug each and every one of you. Stay safe and come home soon.

To my American friends far and wide:
I hope you have a restful, peaceful day off.

For the rest of the international community, I borrowed this information from Wikipedia about the holiday:

"Memorial Day is a United States federal holiday that honors soldiers and is observed on the last Monday of May (May 30 in 2011). Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. soldiers who died while in the military service. First enacted to honor Union and Confederate soldiers following the American Civil War, it was extended after World War I to honor Americans who have died in all wars..."


May we never forget the sacrifices made for our freedoms,
may we never have to repeat them,
and may you all have a glorious day.

If you are in the U.S. Military (past or present), or if you have relatives and loved ones who are, please chime in. I would love to honor you personally.

Kimberley Troutte

No comments: