04 November 2011

About face...

I've spent a lot of time over the past month looking back -- particularly at stories I've written over the last few years. I imagine something similar happens to most of us when a birthday roles around. ;) But, the theme this month is 'futurist fiction', so I really need to shift my focus the other way.

Honestly, I think that's for the best. You can revisit the past... mourn it... celebrate it, too... but that's as far as it should go. Sometimes it's just best to put it to rest and move forward. I think that's where I'll head now. Forward.

For now, I'll let my wonderful colleagues take on this topic with their usual insightful observations. I'll be watching on the sidelines. :)

~~Meg Allison

Indulge your senses...
http://www.megallisonauthor.com

1 comment:

Jean Marie Ward said...

Thinking about the future, I always find myself back at Santayana: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." It's always true.