05 March 2013

Packing for Madicon


Thursday will find me on the road to Harrisonburg, Virginia, and my first stint as a guest of honor at Madicon, James Madison University's science fiction, fantasy and gaming convention March 8-10.  With me on the bill are good friends Jana Oliver, Tee Morris and Philippa Ballantine, as well as R.S. Belcher, Megan Grant, Jon St. John, and Jonah Knight.

On Friday at 5:30 p.m., Jana and I will talk about our efforts to help The Empire (however you describe it) strike back in "Steam-powered: The Rise of the New Victorians". 

Saturday at noon will find us discussing "The Discreet Charm of Historical Fantasy" in all its forms.  At 8 p.m. that evening, I'll be contributing my mite to Jana's "Stairway to Publishing".

As an added bonus, if you show up early--say 2 p.m. on Friday--Jana and I will be hosting a combination reading/coffee klatsch, where you can ask us anything, or just eat our chocolates.

And that's not even counting all the other great stuff happening in Harrisonburg.  There will be gaming, make-up panels and a costume contest, and lots of Jonah's wonderful music.  Hope to see you there!

Jean Marie Ward

2 comments:

Kimberley Troutte said...

Safe travels, Jean Marie.

That sounds like a wonderful adventure.

Jean Marie Ward said...

Thanks, Kimberley. I think so, too.