24 October 2008

All Hallow's Eve is a week away...are you ready?

Ghost stories…goblins…werewolves…monsters…vampires…

Yep, it’s that time of year again! The one night of the year where kids can get excited about bleeding on your front doorstep.

Halloween.

Do you have your candy? Costume? Plans for the great Friday night? The mischief potential is totally out of this world. *grins*

I pity everyone who’s working for the police, fire department, or hospital next Friday. It’s going to be a crazy night.

But do you know what’s best of all? As paranormal authors, it’s the one time of year where we can simply be ourselves without being treated like someone’s eccentric aunt. After all, people tend to think you’re a little crazy when you’re talking about the latest adventures of the fictional werewolf lurking in your house of muses. Or the supernatural sidekick you’re working to perfect.

On a sidenote, while I was driving my children to home from school not too long ago, my sons were discussing a mutual friend who was in their class last year…and one of them felt the need to specify that the girl was human. I kid you not. It went something like this:

“She’s human, you know.”

“I know that. She doesn’t look like anything else.”

“Well, I just thought you didn’t know.”

I was laughing so hard I nearly had to pull over because I was laughing so hard. Maybe that’s a sign that I need to stop rambling out my character sketches and personalities to my friends and fellow authors.

Speaking of which…what kind of story would you like to see? A ghost? Goblin? Werewolf? Monster? Vampire? What suits your fancy?

8 comments:

Carolan Ivey said...

Well, you know me...I'm all about the ghosts. ;)

Anonymous said...

Kaye, what on earth are you passing on to your kids? ROFL

I don't like ghost stories at all and goblins, elves and the like scare the crap out of me.

Bring on the shifters and vamps though :)

mamasand2 said...

ROFLOL!!! Remember Kaye, "little pitchers have big ears".


I Love Shifters first and foremost, then vampires, and eventually other things.

sandie
.

Jane said...

I love ghost stories the most followed by vampires.

Vivi Andrews said...

It's always wise to confirm the humanity of your classmates. ;) You might want to start checking their backpacks for silver bullets and wooden stakes, just in case.

And me? I love ghosts, demons, shifters, vamps... you name it.

Asylumgirl said...

Some elves would be interesting right about now.

Deidre

Meg Allison said...

Ghosts or vampires. Maybe both? ;)

Kaye Chambers said...

*grins*

Thank you for all the great comments!

And as for me? I'm actually...toying on the side with a vampire book.

I heard that gasp! *wink*

And I agree that someone needs to shake things up and do some Elves.

*grins*