18 January 2011

LOVE AT FIRST SHOT! CONTEST!


January has been a really exciting month for me. :) My very first audiobook released January 11. LOVE AT FIRST SHOT is a paranormal comedy romance published by The Wild Rose Press.

When I wrote LAFS, I was experimenting with a character I've had in my vault forever. TJ is one of those irrepressible heros that annoy you until you fall in love with them. And he's a strong voice. Basically, it was time to give him a story if I wanted to move on to something else.

So, LOVE AT FIRST SHOT was born with a scene in the morgue...and I filed it away until I figured out a heroine who just might be worthy
of him.

Emma started with shy whispers and bungled good intentions. At first, I didn't think they'd be a good match, but the more character scenes I wrote for her, the more TJ popped into my mind.

One day, I pulled open his file and started writing. No outline, no thoughts to where the story might go, just wanted to see if the two of them could hit it off. And man, did the fireworks spark!

When The Wild Rose Press approached me about putting the story in audiobook, I was thrilled. And after I heard Paige Holt bring my words to life, I cried. CLICK HERE FOR AUDIOBOOK LINK. This is a great moment for me and I'd love to share it with all of you.

There is a $25 Amazon gift card to be had, just for commenting this week on this blog. The winner will be announced on Friday on my website. CLICK HERE.

To make the month even more exciting, BLOOD AND DESTINY made its paperback debut on January 4th. Destiny holds a very special place in my heart and being able to hold her in my hands and gaze upon that snazzy Natalie Winters cover was just an awesome experience. For those of you who haven't had the joy of meeting Destiny, let me tell you something about her.

Destiny St. George is a private investigator and shapeshifter - a lioness - without a pride. She was raised in the St. George's Home for Abandoned Children with a host of other preternatural foundlings. Her best friend, the werewolf Yasmine, is about to find the happily-ever-after dream by marrying into the most powerful werewolf family around. It's a pretty big blow for Destiny to lose her sister to marriage and pack life, but more than that - it reminds her that she's totally incapable of commitment.

And when commitment comes to mind, the one man with his hand on her pulse - quite literally - can't be ignored. Marcus Smythe is a vampire king with his sights set firmly on her. She walked away when his commitment issues proved to be more ... pressing ... than hers. His method of paying for his meals goes against her desire for a monogamous relationship.

When a client comes to her with a missing person case, Destiny is driven to seek him out in hopes he can help her find the woman before it's too late. But can they put their personal differences aside to do the job and forge a new relationship or will the lion Yasmine invited to town for the wedding prove to be too much for them to handle?

Check out BLOOD AND DESTINY to see!

3 comments:

donnas said...

Thanks for sharing! Both stories sound really good.

bacchus76 at myself dot com

Cathy M said...

Congratulations, Kaye. I've never listened to an audio book before, sounds like a great way to pass a long car ride. Do you get to choose who will narrate it for you?


caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Kaye Chambers said...

Thank you Donnas and Cathy.

:) I don't get to choose the narrator, but I'm super happy with the job this one did.

Donnas, I hope you check them out. I had a wonderful time writing both of them.