25 February 2011

Snow? Really?

In reality, I realize that it is still technically winter. However, some part of my brain is screaming in frustration.

More snow? Seriously? I thought we were supposed to get rain only, but apparently our little oasis is too far north.

It wouldn't be so bad, I suppose, if we hadn't had two or three very Spring-like days to tease us recently. Days when you could smell the change in the air...the promise of sun and warmth...of new life beginning to bud.

Here we are, right back to our blanket of white and freezing our butts off as cars slide on the ice. SIGH.

Then again, those lovely days with highs at almost sixty did give us hope. We could see the light at the end of the tunnel...the sun at the end of another gray Pennsylvania winter. Hope, after all, is sometimes the only thing that keeps us going.

Hope... that we will see a blue sky, once again. Hope... that we will be able to go outside with only one layer of clothing on instead of four. Hope... that I will be able to demolish this writer's block once and for all and finish the dang book! (ahem)

Sorry... it's been a very long winter. Hang in there! I know I'm trying to do the same.

~~Meg Allison
http://www.megallisonauthor.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina Louise said...

Hmmm, I love the snow, Meg. So sorry you don't. But then, I live where it rains constantly, so snow is a novelty. It makes things white and pure looking for a while, it smells good, and the kids love it (the cats do too). My suggestion is...don't go driving in it. Sit at home, with your hot chocolate, in front of your computer and write a fabulous story to entertain those who are stuck at home and fretting the day away.

Jean Marie Ward said...

Argh! I hate it when Mother Nature tricks you like that. On the flip side, once you've lived through winter in Pennsylvania, you never have to imagine what the weather's like in England and Wales--you know/1