02 April 2012

You Write What? Urban Fantasy vs. Paranormal Romance vs. Paranormal Fiction vs. Sci-fi/Fantasy

Happy April!

This month we are going to be discussing the types of stories that we here at Beyond the Veil write. And we are a pretty diverse group of authors, so this should be fun.

I'll get the ball rolling.

What do I write?

Paranormal Romances. They may have a bit of suspense in them, possibly a little fantasy and a touch of the historical, but at the beating the heart they are all paranormal (as in something extraordinary is going on) and they all have a satisfying romantic happy ending.

I don't write about vampires, werewolves, or shapeshifters--even though I like reading some of those stories. Nah, three out of five of my books (a couple are not published yet) have ghosts in them.

Why? Because I want to believe in love that never dies. Love that lasts for eternity even as it slips beyond the veil.

What kind of stories do you like to read?

www.kimberleytroutte.com
Post a Comment