25 June 2012

LGBTQ in Books and on Screen

Okay, I'm going to just come out and say it.

I'm not gay.
I write heterosexual romances.
I am no expert in this subject.

But....

I do know a lot about love.
I have been loved by some of the greatest people in the history of the world. My family, friends, my Lord, my honey and my kids have taught me what it is to be truly cherished. I use what I know to write.

I also know, that everyone wants to be loved. It's like breathing and food. We can't live without it, at least, not for long. Finding that special someone is rare and beautiful and shouldn't be dismissed or taken lightly. Don't let anyone tell you who you should love.

One of my favorite lines from the movie Princess Bride was, "This is true love. Do you think it comes along every day?"

I look forward to the day when love is love. It won't matter who you are, what you look like, or where you live. Deeply caring for others matters. Opening your heart to others is important for the soul.

Love is a gift. Use wisely.


www.kimberleytroutte.com

1 comment:

Jean Marie Ward said...

For the sake of the world, I wish it wasn't so rare, Kimberley. Giving and receiving love makes us all so much better.