18 February 2013

Milestones

Last week - Valentine's Day, to be exact - marked a milestone for me. It was the 7th anniversary of my being a published author. I can't believe I've come so far in a direction I never, in a million years, expected to go. Wow. Seven years and 20-something books later... I'm about to hit another milestone - sort of - and come full circle.

You see, the first book I ever had published was Dragon Knights: Maiden Flight, way back on 2/14/06. It was reissued last August in a new edition with a new, sexier cover, but the story is essentially the same.

The milestone comes in when you realize that next week, my seventh Dragon Knights novel will be released. Keeper of the Flame is brand new, novel length, and will bring us all back to visit Draconia, it's dragons, knights, shapeshifters, etc, yet again.

To be precise, there are - or will soon be - a total of 10 Dragon Knights stories. Seven novels, if you count Keeper of the Flame, and three novellas. One is already out and has been for years. It was part of the I Dream of Dragons anthologies several years ago. It's called Wings of Change.

Later this year, two new novellas will be released. Dragon Knights: The Dragon Healer will come out in ebook in July and be part of the new print edition of Maiden Flight (the print book will have the novella in it as a bonus story). Dragon Knights: Master at Arms will come out at the end of August and will likewise be in the new print edition of Border Lair.

I'm really enjoying going back to my roots with the dragons and knights this year and I can't wait to see how the new stories are received by readers. I'm always nervous until I start to hear back from the readers!

And this year is also marking a return of sorts for me. I took quite a bit of time off from writing the past three years and only in recent months have I started to write more. I hope to continue to improve on that and get quite a few more stories out this year. Wish me luck! ;-)

Meanwhile, here's a little bit more about Keeper of the Flame and links where you can pre-order it and The Dragon Healer (which is already on sale on Amazon). Hope you like it!

Keeper of the Flame

A warrior, a maiden... and a passion that could set the whole world aflame.

Dragon Knights, Book 7

Despite the fact he is the largest of his half-dragon brothers and better suited to fighting, Hugh has been sent on an undercover mission. Forced to stay in human form, he must discover if the land of Helios is truly the Draconian ally it pretends, or something more sinister.

When he witnesses injustice in the form of a misshapen baby gryphlet kicked out into the cold, he cannot remain in the shadows and watch the child suffer. All he can hope for is that his act of kindness will go unnoticed so his mission can continue.

But someone does notice. When Lera cautiously approaches Hugh, she is drawn to his strange, foreign magic. She is entranced by its irresistible allure -- until assassins come calling and reveal her true identity.

She is Valeria, queen of Helios, Keeper of the Flame. And she has been betrayed. Together they must risk everything to uncover the traitors and reforge the alliance between their lands. Yet beneath their blazing passion, both are still keeping secrets. Secrets that the Sacred Flame will reveal -- if their love survives its cleansing fire.

Warning: When a dragon prince and a Flame Keeper come together, the conflagration is definitely too hot to handle!

Pre-order Keeper of the Flame now from: Amazon - Barnes & Noble - Samhain

Pre-order The Dragon Healer now from: Amazon

1 comment:

Jean Marie Ward said...

Congratulations! Those are fabulous milestones. Even better is knowing there are more good ones ahead. :-)