13 December 2010

2nd Annual One Loving Thing Day

(Photo by Diego Hernandez)

December 21st is just around the corner.

If you live in the Northern Hemisphere of the planet Earth (like I do), December 21st is Winter Solstice--our shortest, darkest, day of the year. On top of that, we will be treated with a total lunar eclipse.

I can't think of a better day to celebrate One Loving Thing Day. Can you?

We've all had tough times this year. But on this dark, cold, short day I have hope. Every moment after December 21st (the occasional storm excluded) will be brighter and warmer. From here on out the darkness will be behind us and up ahead are sunnier days.

I challenge you to bring sunshine to others by going out and doing one loving thing on December 21st. Just one. It doesn't need to be world-changing, or earth’s-axial tilting. Give a gift from your heart, do a good deed, help a stranger. Make a conscious effort to be kind. That's all.

I’ll post about my good deed after I do it. It would be really great if you could post about yours. Or maybe someone will do a loving thing for you that you can share. Your comments might inspire others and who knows? This might snowball into a giant lovingthingerama.

Maybe, just maybe, this will be the best darkest day ever.

Oh, if you live in the Southern Hemisphere please participate on your Summer Solstice too. There's plenty of love to make this world go around.

Thank you!


Kimberley Troutte
Author Page at Samhain Publishing
www.kimberleytroutte.com

1 comment:

Kimberley Troutte said...

I also wanted to add that we lost my Uncle Tony this weekend in a tractor rollover accident. My love to his beautiful wife and the kids.