14 October 2012

North Dakota's "Dark Man" Legend

I recently learned about the "Dark Man", watching Haunted Highways (Jack Osbourne's show on SyFy).  It freaked me out...watching this show.  I have a pretty strong belief in the paranormal and signs. 

In my research I was unable to fing much about the Dark Man other than he's a bad omen.  Watching the episode the ghost hunters were unable to get the Lakota people to talk about "The Dark Man", they were obviously afraid.  Their superstitions that even speaking about it might bring bad luck.

I was shocked then when the hunters went out looking for this evil spirt.  I'm not a fan of ghost hunters taunting spirits.  I think anytime you invite evil in you have a hard time getting rid of it.  I was watching this particular episode and shouting "Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" but that's me.  Luckily all the hunters experienced was extremely "bad luck".

Here's a clip:

http://www.hulu.com/#!watch/382519#i1,p9,d2

You can find the entire episode on YouTube if you so desire.

Tina







4 comments:

Jean Marie Ward said...

I agree it's foolish to taunt anything you don't understand. But on the flip side, if they didn't take risks, SyFy wouldn't have hired them. :-P

DarkManIsNotReal said...

I just watched that show and I live in Montana, it was pathetic. When is the real Syfy coming back? -___-

Unknown said...

I just watched that episode for the first time the funny thing is I've had dreams about dark man since I was 15 I just a week ago in my dream started calling him dark man and the picture the lady drew in the episode was the exact same image I keep dreaming of but dark man always feels safe to me when ever anything bad happens to me I dream of him and feel safe but the other person that's in my dreams is a guy named Alex he's always fighting dark man I'm so confused right now

Unknown said...

The dark man is a reality. It is ancient and timeless. It is more than possible he was called into this plane of existence by an accidental side affect of a native american ritual. There are many skeptics of the supernatural. People don't like things that go bump in the night, and take great pains to ignore such things. They are as real as the old gods and the christian god. To help the dreams Sarah, drink a relaxing drink before bed, and focus your will into altering the dreamscape. Ask the darkman what he wants and don't let him leave without answering. If you have questions, contact me at thanatos652@gmail.com.