17 February 2013

Love

How was your Valentine's Day?

Although, I think love, especially the language of love, transcends more than just a holiday.

In fact I know it does.

I LOVED the card and the raspberry chocolates my husband left me. My kids love getting Valentines from their classmates, but I've been thinking about other moments in my relationship and I have to share the moment where my DH & I first said "I Love You."

In the summer of 2001, I was finishing up college and the Brooks & Dunn song "Ain't Nothing 'Bout You" was released.

I'd just started dating the DH seriously and it was a long distance relationship. There was a 3 hr distance between us. Listening to that song made me think of him when I wasn't able to see him.

Then I heard Brooks & Dunn were coming to Toronto. The midway point for us, but having just graduated and the DH had another year I was more concerned about getting a job.

And then he called and told me he bought tickets. His Co-op paid money. Mine didn't.

He picked me up and we went to Toronto to see the BEST concert ever. It was hours and hours of music. I loved all the artists. It was a concert where Keith Urban was still an up and comer and hadn't married Nicole Kidman.

Anyways, Brooks & Dunn came on the stage and sang our favorite songs, but when they sang that song I looked over at my DH and just knew. KNEW.

And we both said it. Eleven years married, with three kids and if I play that song he still comes running. The song still makes me swoon, brings a flush to my cheek and brings me trouble of the smooching kind.


3 comments:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Okay, I had to pause my Gwen Stefani playlist to have a short listen. I'd never heard this one because country music and I don't get along. No, ma'am.

Enjoyed reading about your I Love You moment! That was great.

Jean Marie Ward said...

What a great story! Thank you for sharing it. :-)

Amy Ruttan said...

I don't like tons of country, but I LOVE Brooks & Dunn. Very sad they're no longer together. They retired. :(

And Gwen ROCKS. Love her! I've seen her live too, but I shared that with my cousin. Hehehe. My DH doesn't like Gwen.