04 August 2013

Vacation Brain

I can't believe it's August. Where the heck did July go?

In one short month my kids will be going back to school and it feels like they just left.

I like that they're gone during the day, but I also enjoy not having to take them to school and pick them up.

I liked sleeping in, even for an hour.

Now summer is slipping away. *wah* I'm not ready for Fall and Winter yet.

So, I thought I'd share some photos of my camping excursion to Sandbanks Provincial Park near Picton, Ontario.

This is where my father's family landed when they came to Canada. I also, living only 2.5 hrs away from it, spent most of my summers here. Then I got married and lived about 5 hrs from it. :(

So my kids and DH had never been.

We all had a blast.


Walking over the large white sand dunes.


The beach in the morning. Lake Ontario so calm. It's a beautiful, shallow sandbar.


Campsite in the early morning.


The perfect sandcastle!


You can find out more about Amy at her website.

Or on Twitter @ruttanamy.

Post a Comment