We have an emergency here. The clock is running down on an important Indiegogo campaign and opportunity to support one of American genre fiction's national treasures, CJ Henderson.
CJ is down for the count with a horrible cancer, and under treatment (we all know what that's like--horrible!) is in no condition to write or sell at cons, his sole source of income. So some of the top writers in fantasy, science fiction and romance (why hello, Sheryl Nantus!) have come together in an anthology where all the proceeds except shipping and mailing go straight to CJ. And those of you who know what a rigorous bitch I am know I don't make such claims lightly.
What's in it it for you? Let me count the thirteen ways.
1. At $10, the basic anthology includes some of fantasy and science fiction's biggest names: Kevin J. Anderson and Rebecca Moesta, Maggie Allen, Jack Dann, Ed Greenwood, Joe Haldeman, Nancy and Belle Holder, Tanya Huff, Gail Z. Martin, Danielle Ackley-McPhail, Jean Rabe, Mike Resnick, Hildy Silverman, Janine Spendlove, Michael A. Stackpole, Anton Strout, Kelly Swails, Robert E. Vardeman, Elizabeth A. Vaughan, Bryan Young, Jean Marie Ward (yeah, me--got a problem with that?), Gene Wolfe, Timothy Zahn, and of course, the man himself, CJ Henderson.
You do romance so you don't know who these people are? No problem. I got some video right here:
2. Joe Haldeman
3. Gail Z. Martin
I also got pixels on the page.
4. Kevin J. Anderson
5. Jack Dann
6. Tanya Huff
7. But that's just the start. The more people fund, the more authors we add. People like Aaron Rosenberg, Alan M. Clark (who did our wonderful cover), Allan Gilbreath, Alma Alexander, Tera Fulbright, Cynthia Ward, Davey Beauchamp, Dylan Birtolo, James Chambers, Jeff Young, Jennifer Brozek, John Hartness, Maxwell Alexander Drake, John French, Jonathan Mayberry, Keith R.A. DeCandido, KT Pinto, Michael Ventrella, Misty Massey, Patrick Thomas, Pete Prellwitz, Sheryl Nantus (I did mention Sheryl, didn't I?), Stuart Jaffe, David B. Coe, Vicki Steger and Mike McPhail.
I've got some video of them, too:
8. David B. Coe (aka D.B. Jackson)
9. Keith R.A. DeCandido
10. Somebody who isn't in that list but who is most definitely in the table of contents (you heard it here first!): Jody Lynn Nye. Yeah, I have video for her, too.
11. Videos of crazy people dancing like monkeys.
12. Stopping Danielle Ackley-McPhail from posting more creepy pictures of monkeys. (They're worse than clowns...Well, maybe not today, but most of the time they're really, really creepy.)
13. The man himself, CJ Henderson. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I'm hoping his video is worth more, for him and for all of us.
Please, fund. The Indiegogo link is: