13 June 2011

What's New on The D'Arc Side...

Hello BtV! Long time, no see! It's been a rough couple of months for me both personally and professionally, but I'm trying to get things back on track and I actually have some new books in the pipeline for publication that I can talk about. That hasn't been the case in a long time, so all in all, it's a positive move.

If I've learned nothing else since embarking on my career as a writer, it's that this biz is full of ups and downs. High highs and low lows. Often they come fast and furious, one right after the other. This continues to be true and it's kind of a trial to ride the roller coaster over and over. But I chose to write and I wouldn't trade the comparative freedom of this lifestyle for anything at this point.

So here's what's been going on with me writing-wise:

- DEAD ALERT, the last of my military paranormal series from Kensington Brava will be out on July 26th. You can pre-order it on Amazon now and get a discounted price on the print book that is actually LOWER than what they're charging for the ebook. Weird, huh?

- HIDDEN TALENT is a new (Red Hot!) futuristic that will be coming out from Samhain in ebook, probably in October. It's the start of a new trilogy based around the idea that in the future, when humans have colonized space, people with psychic talents are either hunted or revered for their abilities. This book follows one young woman who has escaped her unforgiving homeworld, only to be found by a powerful man who can show her the stars and give her the world. *sigh*

- I just finished writing a new book in my ongoing paranormal series. I haven't finalized the title yet, but hopefully with some input from my editor, that will be nailed down shortly. It is Sally and Jason's story. Sally is the last of the study group friends, featured in several of my other books (Lissa in ONE & ONLY, Kelly in RARE VINTAGE, Carly in PHANTOM DESIRES, Christy in SWEETER THAN WINE, and Jenna in FOREVER VALENTINE). Jason is the werewolf Alpha we first met in PHANTOM DESIRES. Frankly, it even surprised me that they ended up together. ;-) Sometimes my characters like to surprise me. LOL. :)

That's the news so far on the book release front. I'll be working on new material and hope to do some updating to my website in the next few weeks. But mostly, I'm going to try to be a better blogger both here and on my own blog. Thanks for bearing with me while I continue to get my act together. :)

3 comments:

Gabriella Hewitt said...

Hi Bianca,

Glad to see you back in the saddle and riding. The sci-fi series sounds awesome. Hear you on the ups and downs and highs and lows.

XOXO your way and positive vibes.

Sasha
aka Gabriella Hewitt

Jean Marie Ward said...

Go, Bianca! Both series sound great, and I'm doubly glad that they mark a return to a more positive cycle. Hope it's only ups from here. :-)
Adding my positive vibes to Sasha's,
Jean Marie

Xakara said...

I'm so glad that things are going better for you and that you have so much in the pipeline! I know what it's like to struggle through the down waiting for the up. So glad yours came.

Hugs,

~X