27 May 2013

Memorial Day in the US

Today is a special, poignant day in the United States. It is the day that we honor our fallen heroes with remembrance and praise.

Strong and brave, these young men and women paid the ultimate price so that the rest of us can live. I am able to raise my children in a country that respects freedoms, dreams and happiness because of the sacrifices others have made. There are no words or feelings great enough to describe how grateful I am.

So I will simply say thank you.

Thank you to those who have died for this great land.
Thank you to the families who have lost their precious loved ones to save us all.
Thank you to those of you who are willing to fight for the rights and lives we all cherish and hold dear.

My love to you each one of you.

Kimberley Troutte

www.kimberleytroutte.com

3 comments:

Jean Marie Ward said...

I can't add anything to what you said, Kimberley, but I do want to second it. Thanks!

A. Catherine Noon said...

Exactly. Brava!

Kimberley Troutte said...

thank you, ladies!