02 July 2007

Joining the Pack

Hello, my name is Kat and I'm addicted to paranormal romances.

I have to say I was thrilled to get the email that invited me to join my Samhain sisters on this blog and to give you my take on the genre and other matters every other Monday.

I'll start by telling you a little about myself and my upcoming projects. I write erotic sci-fi and futuristics under the name of Kathleen Scott and paranormals under the name of MK Mancos. I've expanded into contemporaries with a twist under the name of Kate Davison. (So far none sold under that name as of yet, but there is still hope.) I have a few titles in the next six months coming out from Samhain. The first will be Dragon Tamer as a part of the "I Dream of Dragons" anthology. Here's the blurb:

On the tropical island paradise of Cambry, the dragons are dying. A flesh and scale eating blight has ravaged the females and threatened the dragon population. Calusia settlement hatching ground director, Darion Archer, calls on the International Field Marshalls to investigate the outbreak. The dragons are his life, and he’ll do anything to protect them and see an end to the blight. He isn’t prepared, however, for the beautiful agent who comes to investigate, or his reaction to her.

IFM agent, Serrah Gayle has no idea what her assignment entails. The only thing she knows is that she’s been sent to Cambry, a land that holds the majority of the dragon population. When she meets the sexy settlement director and learns her case will bring her close to the legendary creatures, Agent Gayle must overcome a lifelong fear of the dragons to help solve the mystery of the blight, as she falls into a deep emotional bond with the director.

Release date for Dragon Tamer is Sept. '07 in ebook.

The next novella from Samhain is the sci-fi world of Solarion Heat. Let me just say of all the genres I write, I think I love writing sci-fi the most, though I first started out as a fantasy author. Go figure how I'd jump the gap from medieval type worlds of swords and sorcery to faster-than-light travel and sentient computer grids. In Solarion Heat I created a world that I really want at some point to revisit. The characters and setting really spoke to me and I found I could get lost in the world of the Runners and their military-esque society.

For over twenty years the planet of Cimirion has experienced devastating climatic changes that have turned it from a planet of four seasons to one of perpetual winter. The Cimirion High Command has sent an advance team of Runners to the duel-sun planet of Solarion to scout for possible relocation.

Kara Zaire’s talents as a Visionary—a psychic who can hear energy patterns as musical notes— have placed her on the advance team to determine how well Cimirions will adapt to the constant summer heat of Solarion. That task would be accomplished easier if only Team Leader Jonah Cash would quit treating her like an unwanted commodity. But sometimes there is a heat behind his gaze that makes her feel as if he could burn her as sure as any sun.

Jonah Cash has led many missions for the Runners, but none as desperate as that of Solarion. He’s leery of the Visionary’s talent, especially when a strange force field blocks her from reading the planet’s energy. He’s willing to put up with her hocus-pocus talent if it means a successful relocation. He just never expected for the mystic to cause him to see visions of his own and her beauty to heat his blood to the boiling point.

Release date for Solarion Heat is Dec. '07 in ebook from Samhain.

The third title I have with Samhain, and I hope not my last since I think they rock, is The Host: Shadows. The Host originally started out as a script for a graphic novel. After many years of unsuccessfully trying to get an artist to draw it in the style in which I envisioned the book, I decided to convert it from script format to novel and try my luck. I'm so glad I did. It's my first novel with Samhain and I'm thrilled they loved it enough to buy it, as it really is very close to me. It's my take on the vampire genre, and as you'll see, my vamps are not ones in the traditional sense by a long shot.

Four-hundred years ago, Tristain St. Blaise worked as an apprentice for alchemist, Benito Achilles. When an experiment went terribly wrong, it fused an entity to Tristain’s soul, turning him from an enlightened man of reason to one of dark passions. He takes on the mantle of a hired killer in order to protect innocents and rid the world of men like Achilles, and find some measure of redemption.

Angelia Lightheart has worked hard trying to purge her life of unhealthy relationships. One night in a dark Manhattan alley, she is saved from a would-be rapist by a man who seems able to look into her very soul to the weary heart she hides from the world.

Now, as Angelia and Tristain fall in love, his work as a contract killer brings him face to face with the one responsible for his immortal state and endangers not only their

Release date Jan. '08 from Samhain ebooks.

Currently, I outlining the sequel to The Host: Shadows that is tentatively called, The Host: Consumed by Flames. I generally write several books at once, so it's just getting the time to put it all together that's the trick.

Now that you know me and a little of what I have on deck, my next posts will be in the spirit of this blog forum. I hope to get to know the readers and invite comments and emails of all kinds.

Thanks for inviting me to join. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from the other authors here. Until Monday next, happy reading.

-Kat

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some great sounding books you have coming up! Can't wait to read more.

Anonymous said...

Welcome, Kat! Some interesting books of yours coming out!

Margo Lukas said...

Hi, Kat. Look forward to your books with Samhain.

Jody W. and Meankitty said...

Nice to see you here, Kat! I look forward to seeing what all you have to say.