15 October 2007

October & Beyond...

October has always been one of my favorite months - and usually one of my busiest. But this year it's even crazier! I'm doing a sort of "signing tour" though it's not all that formal. A few friends and I are getting together each weekend for the next few weeks doing signings. Next weekend we'll be at the Borders in Middletown, NY and the weekend after the Borders in Marlborough, MA. I hope to see some of you there! I've already had a great time seeing so many folks at the events I've been doing around the Northeast over the past few weeks. It's been a blast!

And I'm doing a writing challenge that starts today - it's called 70 Days of Sweat and it's supposed to run for the next few months. The idea (if I've got this right) is to wrie between 750-1000 words each day. That's not that much for me, but the idea of writing each and every day is definitely something different. Usually I write a few thousand words when I'm inspired, and not at all on days when I'm not, or I'm just too busy. I think being "forced" to write each day might begin to foster some good new habits for me. We'll see. Wish me luck!

Other than that, I'm looking forward to a great rest of this month and holiday season! I have a holiday story coming out this December called Solstice Dreams. It's a tale of the fey realm. Just a short story, but it's pretty cute. (At least I think so!) I think the Fortune's Fool anthology (in which I have a novella called King of Swords) is also due out in print this December. But the biggest thing will be the release of a new paranormal novel called Sweeter Than Wine. Here's the tagline: An abused woman has the power to unite werefolk, fey and vampire against an evil that would see them all dead—if she can learn to love again.

Sound good? ;-) I'll be working on it over the next few weeks to get it ready for release. This book will have some cameo appearances from the characters from Lords of the Were and will tie together my vamps and weres. I can't wait to hear what you all think of it!

That's it for me, for now. I guess the next time I'll be posting here we'll be in the thick of our Round Robin, so check in with my blog to see how I'm doing with my writing challenge and for all the latest news. :)

Bianca
Come over to The D'Arc Side... www.biancadarc.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Bianca :)
Good luck on the 70 Days of Sweat!
Also, I'm so happy to hear that Fortune's Fool will be out in print!! That's just great :) And you already know I can't wait for Sweeter Than Wine!!

Suzette said...

Wish I cooulc make to a signing or two. Always have the fingers crossed.

Kathleen Scott/MK Mancos said...

Sounds good, Bianca.

-Kat

Jody W. and Meankitty said...

Good luck keeping your 70 day streak alive! One time I wrote a minimum of 100 words a day for 100 days in a row, and it felt like the hugest accomplishment!

Jody W.

Bianca D'Arc said...

Ali - Thanks! So far, so good on the 70 Days challenge. I wrote just shy of 3,000 words today so far and want to do a tiny bit more before I call it a night. ;)

Suzette - Don't sweat it, friend. I'm sure we'll see each other at some event soon. :)

Kat - Thanks. :) (Short enough response for ya?) LOL!

W&C - Yeah, doesn't it feel good when you make a plan and stick to it? I'm really looking forward to doing this. I just hope I can stick with it for a good long time! :)