26 July 2012

The Five Hottest Couples in the Movies

I love movies. And given this is a paranormal blog, I almost wrote an entire post on how much I adore The Avengers on the big screen. (We have a Hulk!) But I decided that given this is a romance blog, taking a slightly different angle might be more fun.

The following is my list of the top five hottest on-screen couples. The list is limited to the movies I've watched, so it's obviously not definitive. Please feel free to add yours at the end. My other criteria was that there had to be a love scene on-screen and not behind closed doors, which eliminated some of my favorite romantic movies, like His Girl Friday. I may have to write another post on my favorite bantering couples. :)

In ascending order:

5. Robert Gere and Debra Winger, Officer and a Gentleman.
That ending where he literally sweeps her off her feet in the factory gets me every single time. But before we get to finale, the couple burns it up in an extended love scene over breakfast in a cheap hotel.

4. Pierce Brosnan and Rene Russo, The Thomas Crown Affair.
Absolute proof that characters over 40 can be sexy as hell, and Brosnan and Russo trade barbs, dance, and then make love in an extended scene going up long, winding steps slowly losing their clothes as they ascend. At the end, naked, Brosnan carries her off.

3. Susan Sarandon and Kevin Costner, Bull Durham
"Oh my!" says Sarandon after Costner finishes his famous monologue that ends with "long, slow, deep wet kisses that last for three days." But it's when he finally shows up at her house and they dance, make love, eat breakfast and make love some more that the heat practically melts down the screen.

2. Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey, Dirty Dancing.
"Nobody puts Baby in a corner!" The hotness factor really goes off the charts in the scene where Baby goes to Johnny and confesses how afraid she is of not feeling again what she feels with him. It's a long, slow love scene accompanied by the shedding of clothes and set to music. (And Patrick Swayze is just sooo pretty.)

1. Linda Hamilton and Michael Biehn, The Terminator
A female coming of age/love story disguised as an action movie, this even has the perfect "meet cute." "Come with me if you want to live," Kyle tells Sarah, and "I came across time for you, Sarah." When they finally make love, it's wild, and desperate and incredibly sensual. "We loved a lifetime's worth," Sarah says at the end of the movie. Yes, yes, they did.


4 comments:

smalltownme said...

Yes. Sarah and Kyle. YES!

Jean Marie Ward said...

Great post--and great choices. :-) I'll add one more: Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek in DESPERADO. I still think that love scene is the sexiest ever filmed. I mean, spurs!

Corrina said...

Okay, now I have to watch Desperado!

Jean Marie Ward said...

That you do. :-)