05 July 2012

Things That Go Bump in the Night

I love action movies. If stuff doesn’t blow up, I don’t want to watch. I loved John Carter, from the goofy dog thing to the tharks and the fights. I was stunned when it didn’t do well, particularly when the Avengers did so well and was such a similar plot.


Now Taylor Kitsch is in a new movie with Oliver Stone, the king of inaccurate and bad storymaking. It looks like this movie will be big as well, particularly given who’s in it, which will be great for him and I’m pleased. I don’t have plans to see it; after JFK and that awful one with Tom Cruise Born on the Fourth of July I don’t see Stone’s films.

Remember the days when the car chase was king? The best one for a long time was considered the one in Midnight Run. They must have used up every car in Hollywood filming it.


Then there’s the car chase with Clint Eastwood in the Dead Pool. I remember laughing my head off when it came on.


It’s funny, though, now that we have such awesome technology. My favorite show is Longmire, which is much more old school.


The exception to lots of explosions is the Inspector Poirot series with David Suchet. If you haven’t seen it lately, definitely worth checking out.



What’s your favorite? Do you have consistent tastes, or do they vary with time? Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

Jean Marie Ward said...

My film tastes are all over the map, too, Noony. But I confess, a goodlooking lead is always a plus. :-)