21 December 2012

Happy Doomsday!




My kids, bless their little hearts, asked me if the world was really going to end today. I said, “No, honey. The Mayans just ran out of fingers and toes to count on.” 

This is actually a pretty egregious disservice to the civilization that gave us 0, thereby screwing over millenia of math students, but making binary coders blissfully happy.

Still, predicting Armageddon is getting to be a little monotonous. I mean, as far back as I can remember, the end of the world has come and gone at least eight times. But I still keep getting up in the morning. No cars have mysteriously and suddenly lost their drivers in a cloud of glory. Asteroids keep missing us. The moon is still in orbit.

Yep. Life goes on.

Nuts. I guess that means I’d better figure out what’s for dinner tonight!

1 comment:

Jean Marie Ward said...

Dinner, holiday cookies... Guess I shouldn't have procrastinated so hopefully, huh?
Happy New World!