28 July 2008

SciFi Saturday--They're Doing What Where?

The York Emporium, York PA's premier retailer of used books (250,000 and counting) and stuff will host SciFi Saturday, a celebration of science fiction and fantasy, this Saturday, August 2, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. There will be author signings, blooper reels (with popcorn!), a visit from NASA, stand-up comedy, an art show and meeeeee! I'll be one of the authors signing. At least, I don't think I'll be contributing to the comedy or the bloopers, but you never can tell.
I don't think they meant to invite me. A friend of mine, Danielle Ackley-McPhail, signed on to promote a host of books, including Bad-Ass Fairies, Vols. 1 & 2, and she made the huge mistake of asking me to hang out. But call me The Woman Who Came To Dinner--er, Signing. Now, after everything I've read about SciFi Saturday, wild horses couldn't drag me away.
If you're lucky--or maybe terribly, terribly UN-lucky--I might even read from the mad, bad siren story I've been working on. Anti-heroines, bounty hunters and sirens who sing about strudel--who could ask for anything more? There's even a romance...sort of.
Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Better yet--be there!
Cheers and confetti
Jean Marie

4 comments:

Patricia said...

Im sure you'll have a wonderful time.
Pat

Jean Marie Ward said...

I'm looking forward to it. For sure. Cheers and grins, Jean Marie

Carolan Ivey said...

[[sirens who sing about strudel]]

Hey, why not? I've had strudel that was better'n sex. ;)

Jean Marie Ward said...

Nah, that's chocolate. ;-) Though my girl does offer HoHos--deep-fried, of course. Hugs and smiles, Jean Marie