11 June 2007

What Bianca's Working On Now...

It's been a busy couple of weeks since last I blogged here. Since the release of Hara's Legacy (thanks to all of those who made it such a successful release!), I've finally been able to get back to writing. I've been working primarily on two manuscripts - my next Dragon Knights novel, FireDrake, and my next traditional paranormal, Sweeter Than Wine.

I'm very happy to say that FireDrake will mark the beginning of a new series of Dragon Knights novels with a lot more magic and adventure. Things are changing in Draconia and the dragons and knights are gaining powerful new allies. It's really fun to hang out with them and write their stories. LOL

On the more traditional paranormal front, Sweeter Than Wine is almost complete. It's the story alluded to in my novella, Forever Valentine, about a vampire named Sebastian and his love for Christy - a woman beaten to death by her husband. Only Sebastian can save her life - with a little help from a furry friend. ;-) Yes, this book will establish firm links between my vamps and weres, with cameo appearances from the Lords of the Were. It will also nicely set up the next Were Tale, which I'm also working on from time to time.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it refreshing to move from manuscript to manuscript - world to world. When I get too bogged down on one manuscript, I let it rest for a few days and work on another. It's just my habit and I know a lot of writers do it differently, but it seems to work for me.

Well, I'm off to play with some paranormal bad boys. Can't wait!

Oh, and let's not forget, the Summer Solstice is coming up in a little more than a week or so. Enjoy the sun, while it lasts! :-)

Bianca
www.biancadarc.com

1 comment:

Carolan Ivey said...

Congrats on your release, Bianca!

On writing - I'm a little different. When I'm writing I find myself so immersed in that world I have trouble pulling myself out of it in order to work in a different world. :) It must be my mild ADD - it's one extreme or another for me. If something doesn't interest me, it's impossible for me to focus on it. But if it DOES interest me, I become hyperfocused on it to the exclusion of all else.

"Sweeter Than Wine" sounds amazing - can't wait to read it!