16 November 2008

Recycled Posts

Since something terrific happened this week, I'm going to recycle this post from my own blog, earlier this week. Two posts, actually, but the first is a Public Service Annoucement:

There's a movement circulating 'round the web to help out the economy, bookstores, authors, and people buy encouraging them to buy books as gifts for the holidays. I can't find the original link, but I'm sure you've already heard about it.
Buying books is ALWAYS a good thing.
*You support authors - and we need all the support we can get!
*You support bookstores - and with the economy, they need all the help they can get too.
*Books don't expire, can be used again and again, and are pretty inexpensive, gift-wise.
*Most books are cheaper than a movie ticket (unless you're buying the fancy-schmancy hardcovers), and are portable entertainment.
* When you give a book, you're promoting literacy.
So, this holiday season....GIVE BOOKS! (I have some suggestions if you need them...)
ETA: Wait...found it! Here's the blog: Buy Books for the Holidays!

Now for my other recycled post:

Today, while not a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day (whoa, I am spending far too much time in elementary school) was not the best day ever.
Then I got home and THE BOX was waiting. I was hoping it'd be in time for Philcon. And it is:














Yes, it IS a box of real live copies of The Crown of Zeus. Ain't they purty? Yes, they are, even on the back:













Yessss......love the books, so pretty and shiny.






And the product in proper usage:







Wow, I hardly remember how funny that part is! Go me! The Crown of Zeus in paperback is up for pre-order on Amazon now, and will officially launch on Dec. 29! (If you happen to be at Philcon next weekend, you'll be able to snag an early copy - autographed! Makes a terrific gift!)

5 comments:

Carolan Ivey said...

LOL! Great pictures! I particularly like the one of you kissing the book. ;)

Congratulations!!

Jean Marie Ward said...

Have fun with them in Philcon! Hugs and smiles, Jean Marie

Meg Allison said...

Congrats, Christine! They're beautiful. :)

Patricia said...

Awesome pics you look so happy!!
Congratulations!!!!

Asylumgirl said...

Ahhh, how sweet it is, huh Christine? LOL

Deidre