12 December 2008

Happy December, Winter, Holidays....




New Release! 12/23/09 - Midnight Rose




First of all, let me say I can’t believe it is already December! When my first book…I literally mean my very, very first book, came out in May--Midnight Reborn, the first of the Watchers series--I thought December was a long ways away for the second book to be released. But now, here we are and Midnight Rose is set to release on December 23, 2008 from Samhain Publishing.

Ok, now back to a blog topic…I really do have one…promise. I’m sure you have been reading a lot of blogs about the holidays, and unfortunately, mine is no different. LOL.

My husband and I do not exchange gifts. I guess, after 19 years, we don’t look at it as any reflection of what we feel about one another if no gift is purchased. I personally look at it this way…If there is something I want…I go out and get it (within reason, of course).

This year I have taken care to get the kids a few items they wanted, but I have also kept my eye open for others around me and what they need. There is a family I know with young children and only one parent employed, though his hours have been cut. There is a guy at my work who does many chores outside, but does not have a coat, although he considers his hooded, flannel sweatshirt a coat. It is here my family and I have decided to focus our holiday attention…those who we know really need it.

Ok – I will get out of the deep end of the pool now and move to another topic along the lines of gift giving. What the heck do you give your dog or cat? Treats? Toys? I have so many toys lying around the house it isn’t funny (dog toys that is…don’t go letting your mind wander). And, treats? My bichon is so fat she really doesn’t need anything more to eat, LOL.

I do try to include the animals in the holiday spirit, though. The miniature horse and fainting goats will get some apples…and then I’ll have apples in return. I guess you can say we’ll have an apple exchange. *grin* A little farm humor for those who got it, he he.

What about you good folks out there? I’m sure you’ve been asked many times what you do for the holidays…so hopefully this one hasn’t been asked. What about your pets? Do you take them along on a holiday vacation? Do something special for them? Do they care? (LOL).

Maybe you could read them a good book! And do I have some suggestions for you! Why not let them hear the tale of vampires in Louisville, Kentucky, hunting Rogues and wondering why the heck Fate decided at that moment to toss some fresh meat of the female persuasion their way.

Check out two reads that’ll warm your heart and curl your toes. Oh yeah, and Happy Holidays to you and yours!!







D. McEntire

Turn the page....

Surrender your heart.



20 comments:

Carolan Ivey said...

Because my dogs routinely murder plush and rubber squeaky toys in under 90 seconds, I keep it simple. Rawhide bones - big ones. If I get them little ones, they don't chew them, they just hide them. It's hilarious - I have to get them bones that are twice their size so they spend at least a litte time actually chewing on it!

And I don't waste money on a bone for each dog. Invariably they ignore one and fight over the other!

Cathy said...

Really looking forward to reading Midnight Rose. As for critter gifts, I have a rabbit and two box turtles who get their favorite foods on Christmas. Though I did hear some whispering that the bunny might get herself a new hutch this Christmas. Will just have to see, lol.

kmt1976 said...

I got veggie dog bones for my 3-5 (depending on who is counting) god-dogs! My goddaughter shows her dogs (and some of her friends and relatives dogs also - hence the 3-5). Hers are so well trained that we can loosely wrap their gifts, put them in front of them, and then tell them to open them. It is a riot to watch. One of the dogs can fetch and bring the bag of gifts to the other dogs.

Jeanette J said...

I buy my dog a coat..he is a short haired dog and needs a coat for the winters her in Ontario. And I usually break down and buy a dog stocking that has an assortment of things in it.

Diane McEntire said...

Sorry I a so late getting back to you all and thanking you for your comments. This time is year is sooo busy! Bones seem to be the thing..but Sadie ends of hiding them in my bed somewhere. LOL. Cathy, bunnies sound so cute, and who knows you may have a late holiday gift or gifts You know how those rabbits are. LOL. Karin - you all are lucky to have behaved dogs. Well, I guess mine are well trained at ignoring what I say...must have been taught by my kids. he he. Jeanette, little doggie clothes are so cute! I get my two trimmed up..but I hate to do it when it's cold..but they needed it.
Thanks for all the comments. I am still trying to decide what to do with 'em (two dogs and a cat).

Happy Holidays and Best Wishes for the upcoming year!
Diane McEntire

Unknown said...

My dogs are pretty spoiled. They eat turkey and ham like the rest of the family. We even wrap their presents!

Anonymous said...

One treat, which is for *our* conscience, not for the critters. Much as we love them--and we do adore the little buggers--they're animals. They don't know from Christmas.

Anonymous said...

My dog adores tearing open presents--anyone's presents. She's 16 now, and it may be her last Christmas, so I'm going to get a roll of cheap paper and wrap up all her toys (there must be a couple dozen, she stopped destroying them when she got over teething) and let her rip to her heart's content. A few edible treats in among the mix, of course--she's losing weight and the vet says she can have pretty much all the calories she wants.

The cats... I make them catnip mousies with unbleached muslin and nip from the garden. They're usually interested in the crinkly wrapping paper, too, and the most important thing is to keep them from swallowing ribbon. I just hope Amelia is old enough this year to stop trying to climb the tree.

Dianna C said...

We have cats here, so we usually get them a stocking with catnip toys and balls and such for them. They seem to love it so much.
Dianna F

lindseye said...

I have three cats and they like all the noise and scents of the holiday but otherwise ignore most of it. They like greenies so I will be opening a pack and laying out a few.
I am looking forward to Midnight Rose and the next. Loved Midnight Reborn.

Diane McEntire said...

Thank you all for your comments! Believe it or not, my cat could care less about catnip!

I would like to send each of you a goodie back for sharing. Please email me a snail mail addy to send it to - diane@dmcentire.com

Thanks again and warm wishes to all!

Diane McEntire said...

HAAAAAA I meant goodie "bag". LOL!
Been one of those days.

Belinda M. said...

Well, i have 8 (yes, eight) Siberian Huskies, so if they make it through the holiday without any major crimes, such as peeing on the tree (that would be the girls, believe it or not) or sneaking the fudge from the top of the fridge, (the old guy who loved to open the refridgerator for everyone passed away, so the interior is safe) they do get a treat, but its pretty simple.

One day, and one day only, they get turkey broth and scraps in their food.

The Chihuahua usually gets a clothing item which he'll refuse to wear, and this year he's getting a little donut bed.

kaisquared said...

We don't have any indoor pets, so we decorate a tree outside for the birds with edibles.

Sarah J. McNeal said...

I have two cats, Acorn and Liberty and a Golden Retriever, Kate. They always have a Christmas stocking that "Santa" leaves for each of them with their favorite toys and treats inside.
Even though Kate is very sick and may not get to spend Christmas with us this year, I hung her stocking up just as I always do. Kate needs to have hope and what better time than Christmas.
I always feed the wild birds and my pets and I like to watch them from the French doors in the dining room while we eat our own special Christmas dinner.
Sarah McNeal

Carolan Ivey said...

Belinda, EIGHT Huskies and a Chihuahua???

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the mental image. [grin] I bet the Chihuahua rules the roost!

JeanMP said...

With a new puppy this year, he is going to get a lot of squeaky toys. We lost our two old dogs this year, so the puppy will be really spoiled!

Zita said...

No pets, but in the past few years we have exchanged names, rather than buy presents for everyone. This is a HUGE relief, both financially and mentally :-).

Zita

Asylumgirl said...

No, not typically. We live next door to my parents, so they see about them while we are gone. That's one of the nice things about them living next door.

Deidre

Diane McEntire said...

Thanks everyone for your responses. Pets are like our children. If you would like some promo goodies, shoot me an email at diane@dmcentire.com and include a snail mail addy. Happy Holidays!
diane mcentire