17 December 2008

The week before…

I'm not one of these people who gets everything organized ahead of time when it comes to holidays. In fact, I tend to stick my head in the sand until I no longer can. Particularly now, because I find December pretty overwhelming, to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the actual festivities. But I find gift-guying difficult, and there just never seems to be enough time in December. It speeds by like the shortest month of the year, even if it's thirty-one days.

I still have to:

1) Buy gifts. Though at least I know what I'm getting (for the most part).
2) Decorate the tree. Though at least the tree is up.
3) Wrap presents. Kids will often help with this one.
4) Prepare for cooking (though I don't have a heavy load)
5) Put up more lights around the house. (I know, they should all be up by now.)
6) Christmas cards, which may turn into New Year's cards.
7) Clean the house!

So, what do you have left to do before the holidays?
Post a Comment