06 March 2009

Animals/Pets in Romance Stories

Let me start by saying - YEAH! It's Friday! Also, here in southern Indiana it is going to be in the 70's today and tomorow, woohoo, so I plan to take a shopping trip to celebrate.

Now that I have that out of my system, on to the topic. I am working on a contemporary romance that includes a lot of comedy, at least I think so. In the story the heroine has a dog - actually a chocolate lab named Charlie Brown. The dog makes several appearances throughout the story.

So, here is my question:
When there a story includes a pet/animal, do you think it takes away from the story or makes it more interesting?

Personally, I am an animal lover and have two small house dogs. Sadie is a shitzu/cocker mix and Princess is a bischon. To me, they are part of the family. To the heroine of the story, Charlie is her best friend.

Tell me what you think. I'd like to hear about stories you have read that either added interest to/or had taken away from the story.

Diane McEntire
The first two novels of my vampire romance series, The Watchers are available in ebook at www.mybookstoreandmore.
Midnight Reborn - Print Release on 3/31/09
Midnight Rose
Post a Comment