13 July 2011

13 Things in Publishing You Can't Guarantee

I'm going to keep this one short and simple today, to match my brain.

13 Things You Can't Guarantee in Publishing, No Matter Your Approach

1) Success.
2) Unless, of course, you're trying to fail.
3) Because you can succeed at failing pretty easily.
4) Even if you're preternaturally gifted, good looking and talented.
5) The way to do this would be quitting.
6) Voila! You failed! Instant success.
7) But then, what if you're trying to QUIT something, like releasing books before they're ready, or getting in flame wars with other authors, or posting your blog entries a day behind schedule?
8) Then quitting really WOULD be succeeding.
9) God, my head hurts.
10) But that could be the success talking.
11) After all, I successfully completed and posted my blog post on the day it was scheduled.
12) Just barely.
13) In certain time zones.

Voila! Success!

Jody W.
So much cyberspace, so little time!
www.jodywallace.com  / www.meankitty.com

10 comments:

Jean Marie Ward said...

LOL You let Mean Kitty write this one, right? ;-)

Monica McCabe said...

14) Toast to that success with something cold and bubbly.

Jody W. and Meankitty said...

JM -- Noooo, Meankitty would have specified there were things HUMANS couldn't guarantee. Monica, does cold and bubbly include a Coke Zero??

said...

I say if it's in a wineglass Coke Zero counts as cold and bubbly. Voila success!

Very cute blog. ;)

Xakara said...

That's the lovely thing about time zones, you're always on time somewhere. And it's always happy hour somewhere too.

Cute T13!

~Xakara
13 CFS Symptoms

Kwee Cats and Art said...

I really enjoyed your list! I could truly feel your frustrations and your successes. And I completely related to actually getting your post up on the day it was supposed to be up on. Any time I manage to do that, I mark a victory on my calendar! Thank you for a cool list.

Carol B. Goodman said...

[wiping tears] OMG, this was a great post, Jody!

Maureen said...

Being on time is all in the perspective, isn't it?

Where's my TARDIS!?

S. Reesa Herberth said...

This totally cracked me up. Thanks for the giggle.

Moondancer said...

Heh.