14 August 2011

Bad Boys, My Favorite Guilty Pleasure


Oh how I love a bad boy. Those delicious men who we know are wrong for us, who will just leave behind a trail of broken hearts, who won’t call us in the morning....but give such pleasure between the sheets that we’ll never forget it. He usually puts himself first and does what he wants whenever he wants. They can be the dangerous man on the motorcycle, the arrogant fighter jet pilot, or the evil mastermind that we just know would give up his nefarious ways if only he had the right woman at his side.


And of course, we all think we’re that one woman who can change him. Who can make him finally see the light and become our one and only. Unfortunately that rarely happens in real life. In real life the super good looking douche bag continues to be a super good looking douche bag and that night with him that rocked our world is just another notch on his bed post. Or, even worse, we end up on Maury Povich doing a paternity test to prove that he is your babies daddy. :P


However, in the world of romance love conquers all and we soon find out that our bad boy wasn’t really all that bad. Within his soul was a place untouched by evil, that flourishes under out love. There is nothing that he won’t do for us, and once he realizes that we are the center of his world he will destroy anyone that tries to harm us. Having all of that wonderful, deadly power wrapped around us like a protective shield is a very seductive image. 

Some of my favorite bad boys are:

Ann Rice’s Lestat. Can’t get much more self-centered and brooding, but he tries to do the right thing. 


Ice from Top Gun. Arrogant, hot, and I’d bet oh so good in bed. 


And Wolverine. Tormented, sarcastic, just waiting for the right woman.



I hope you’ve enjoyed my bad boys, that guilty pleasure that’s sure to break our heart but we just can’t resist. Who’s yours?

5 comments:

Beverly Rae said...

Oh, my goodness! Who is that delicious man in the 1st photo?

Xakara said...

The thing with Wolverine is that he actually did change with the love of the right women. Each time, he becomes Logan, working man, husband/SO, going through his life. Then the bad guys show up and throw it all to hell and he has nothing to anchor him.

For that matter, any time Lestat was in love and able to creat a family he was anchored and less of a terror. (Granted, he preyed on criminals, so one can argue he was always less of a terror than he seemed. And by one, I mean me of course *grin*).

I don't know if I ever want to change the bad boy, but I always want to "make it better" for the one that grabs my sympathy.

~X

Ann Mayburn said...

Beverley- Random man candy from my inspirations folder. ;) I like to browse and let the abs tell their own story.

Xakara- I agree with you about both Wolverine and Lestat. Their initial portrayal is one of bad boys, but in the end love was able to change and save them.

Jean Marie Ward said...

Oooh, man candy--my favorite Sundae--er, Sunday treat. Yeah, that's it. :-)

Rhonda L. Print said...

Gotta love those bad boys! They keep you on the edge of your seat...hopefully doing sinfully delicious things to you.