31 January 2008

13 reviews

Thirteen book reviews that have piqued my interest:

  1. Grimspace by Ann Aguirre at Dear Author
  2. Like a Thief in the Night by Bettie Sharpe at Mrs. Giggles.
  3. Heart of the Winter Wolf by Dani Harper at Book Utopia.
  4. The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly at AAR.
  5. Heat of the Night by Sylvia Day at Darque Reviews.
  6. Demon Night by Meljean Brook at The Good, The Bad, The Unread.
  7. Beautiful Girl by Shiloh Walker at I Just Finished Reading…
  8. General Winston's Daughter by Sharon Shinn at AAR.
  9. No Commitment Required by Seressia Glass at Dear Author.
  10. Paul's Dream by Rowan McBride at Book Utopia.
  11. Caine's Reckoning by Sarah McCarty at Karen Scott's.
  12. Dawn's Awakening by Lora Leigh at The Good, The Bad, The Unread.
  13. The Spymaster's Lady by Joanna Bourne at Dear Author.
Well, obviously I read reviews at Dear Author! But also a number of other sites. The last, 13, I've even bought and is on my tbr pile.

So which reviews have you read lately that got you interested in a book?

3 comments:

bettie said...

Wow, your list is a longer version of my list. Now you've made me want to check out the books that weren't on my list.

The Dear Author review of The Spymaster's Lady made me really want to read it. It's at the top of my To Be Bought list. I've been wanting to read Grimspace for ages. Fortunately, there's an advance copy with my name on it somewhere in our vast and mostly efficient postal system. I hope it arrives soon! Demon Knight is awesome. Dear Author got me hooked--I won an ARC. Now I just have to read Brook's other books ;). Karen Scott's review of Beautiful Girl made me want to read it more than ever.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Meljean Brook is one author I really need to read. She seems to be doing some interesting things.

Now, just to find the time, heh.

Jean Marie Ward said...

I read Bettie's novella, "Like a Thief in the Night", after dipping into her fabulous free story, "Ember". It's all that and more! :D And I wasn't even supposed to be reading for pleasure at all. I was in the middle of clearing out my mom's apartment. But I couldn't stop scrolling down the pages.