10 January 2008

Thirteen Things about Rose Marie Wolf




Thirteen Things about Rose Marie Wolf

1 - Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your life?

Well, my name is Rose Marie Wolf and I like to write paranormal fiction. I've always wanted to be a writer ever since I could pick up a crayon and scribble. I guess you could say I have a fascination for all things unusual. I'm originally from Kentucky, but I now live in Indiana with my fiancé, his mother and a houseful of pets. It's obvious I love animals—I donate a percentage of my writing earnings to a local Humane Society.

2 - When did you decide you wanted to be a writer?

From the very first time I picked up a crayon. Of course, my stories have always been along the lines of fairy tale fantasies. I used to like to write ghost stories. I guess the first time I really thought about being a writer was when I was in the second grade. I had written a little story and showed it to my teacher and she was the one who encouraged me to become a writer.

3 - Do you write everyday? Any routines or rituals? Are you a plot or seat-of-your-pants writer?

I write everyday, whenever I can get a free moment. It's usually at night, after work. I'm a plotter, generally, but I like to allow a little room for my characters and stories to grow. They often take me in directions I would've never though possible.

4 - Star Wars or Star Trek?

Star Wars, definitely. I am such a geek when it comes to it. I'm always looking up trivia, watching and rewatching the movies. I read the novels and I've even written fanfiction. Guess you can say I'm a fan.

5 - Who would you say has influenced you the most?

My mother. She has always been my inspiration. A second close would have to be my fiancé. He was the one who inspired me to write my current paranormal series, the Moon Series.

6 - What would you say are the biggest challenges that you face (could be as a writer, as a person, as a wife... just some challenges you face)?

Balancing work and play. Or in my case, balancing work and work. I work in retail and it's really hard to balance that hectic life with my writing and promoting. There's so much promoting I would love to do, but I just don't have the time for it and I need my job for financial reasons.

7 - What would you say has been your most significant achievement as a writer?

Actually being published. I never thought it would ever happen, and yet, I have three books contracted and published and I'm still writing away. That is the biggest achievement ever.

8 - Once the deadlines are all met and the manuscript is delivered, what do you do to relax and give yourself a break?

I spend time with my fiancé. We go out for a nice dinner, maybe a movie. And I take a break for writing for about two weeks. I don't even look at my work, unless I have a pressing deadline.

9 - What kinds of books do you like to read? Who is your favorite author?

Paranormal of course! I've always been a big fan of Anne Rice and Stephen King, but I also like Kim Harrison, Charlaine Harris and Kelley Armstrong.

10 - What is your latest book about?

Hunter's Moon is the third book in the Moon Series and is a very emotional book about the werewolves Jason and Rose and the deterioration of their relationship. Jason has these visions that warn him that something—or someone—from their past is out to get them and Rose is just trying to keep their relationship together as Jason continues his obsession. It's not strictly romance, but more of a mainstream paranormal story.

11 - What are the goals you are still working toward?

I try to set goals every year and my goals in 2008 include writing at least two novels, and perhaps having one other novel published.

12 - How did feel to sell that first book, and how did you celebrate?

Oh, when I got the contract for my first book, I was ecstatic. I was so happy. I laughed, I cried. We went out to have a nice dinner later on to celebrate.

13 - Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

A best-selling author on the New York Times Best-Seller list. That's my ultimate goal. But I'll settle for a few more titles published and maybe an award or two.


Look for Rose Marie Wolf's latest release, Hunter's Moon, from Samhain Publishing!


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

No comments: