16 January 2009

The Ghost Shrink, the Accidental Gigolo & the Poltergeist Accountant

The Ghost Shrink, the Accidental Gigolo, & the Poltergeist Accountant.

Is that a brilliant title or what?

For those of you who follow Samhain releases, I hope you are watching the calendar because the Tickle My Fantasy releases are coming. This one releases on February 17th, so I thought I’d take a moment to put it on your To BUY list.

Why? Because it’s a riot. I mean, come on…how many books do you know with Gigolo in the title?

But that’s not what makes it a wonderful book. It’s a grand story for a novella. Vivi Andrews writes it with such humor that it’ll make you think even while you’re reaching for your inhaler because you’ve laughed to the point you can’t breathe. Yes, I know this from experience.

When she first showed this to me, I literally choked on my coffee as I sat down to read it. The sheer brilliance of the premise combined with her humorous style had me in stitches from the very first line. I lusted after the hero, related to the heroine to the point I wanted to be her, and found myself cheering for the plot.

When I flipped the last page, I was smiling with a lighter heart than when I started. Why? Because there’s nothing like a great story and honest laughter to lighten the soul.

Lucy is a Ghost Shrink who helps wayward ghosts release their worldly cares and transcend into the great beyond. Unfortunately, a dry spell has put her a little on edge and created a situation where she’s attracting sexually repressed ghosts who just can’t get over the fact they died before they could live out some of their sexual fantasies. In walks Jake Cox, who is thankfully not a ghost. He’s a private investigator bent on talking to a specific ghost that he’s been tipped off will come to Lucy to work through his issues binding him to the world.

The problem? Lucy and Jake have an instant connection and he has to keep his hands off her or the ghost won’t come. Tie in a poltergeist account who thinks Lucy is his destiny and you’ve got a plot fit for Comedy Central.

This is Vivi Andrews first publication; however, it is not the end to her brilliance. Her Single Titles are just as fabulous.
If you’re interested in a closer look at Vivi’s perspective, she’s the feature author on my website until the end of February where she talks about writing and how she came upon this story.
And for a teaser, why not skip over and read the official blurb and the sample from Samhain Publishing?

1 comment:

Vivi Andrews said...

You are too good to me, Kaye. :)

And don't forget the other fabulous Tickle My Fantasy novellas: Carolina Wolf by Sela Carsen, ParaMatch.com by MK Mankos, and Witches Anonymous by Misty Evans!!!