31 March 2010

Muscle Cars




2010 Camaro



I wasn't born yet when the first muscle cars came out so I missed that craze. Normally, cars don't excite me. If it gets me from point A to point B, I'm good. But I have to admit that these new age muscle cars have me wanting one. Bad.

Oh, to tool around in one of the new Camaros. To show up to soccer practice in this thing would be soooo cool.

Of course I know they're impractical, but a girl can still dream, can't she??



2010 Mustang

When I write, I put a lot of thought into what my characters drive. For me, a car defines a character's personality. For instance, Eric, my hero in my latest work in progress, drives a new model Mustang (like the above photo only black with a gray racing stripe. He's an alpha hero who needed a big car to go with his big personality.


An instense businessman would drive a BMW or a Mercedes.


A playboy would drive a Porsche.


John, the reclusive Sheriff in Redemption, drove a pick-up truck.


Kate, my wild heroine in Deception, drove a Jeep Wrangler.


Hope, my desperate heroine in Redemption, drove a staid compact car.


I bet just by telling you what kind of cars my heroes and heroines drove, you could figure out their personalities.


What do I drive? Well, I'm a busy mom with three kids. I drive a mini-van, of course! My husband, an alpha if I've ever met one, drives a Jeep Wrangler.


What do you drive and how does it reflect your personality?












1 comment:

Carolan Ivey said...

My Dad once owned a sweet '65 Mustang convertible. He let me drive it to my 10 year high school reunion and pretend it was mine! This one is pretty similar:

http://mustangattitude.com/mustang/1964/1964_00027_01.jpg

My first car was a '73 Challenger. I LOVED that car but it was dangerous as hell - big engine + no weight in the back end = more than one spin-out! I had quite the lead foot when I was younger. :) It looked a lot like this one, except mine was dark green:

http://www.dealsonwheels.com/images//barcode/00678166E17_1.jpg

I ended up selling it to someone who said he would restore it. I hope he did.

Finally ditched the mom-mobile (minivan) last year and now drive a Chevy Traverse. I love it and it gets pretty decent city mileage - when I drive it. Most of the time it's parked. :)