10 September 2007

Dragon Tamer Release...

The dragons are coming! The dragons are coming!





When Samhain sent the call for the "I Dream of Dragons Anthology" I knew I wanted to do something different. The idea of marrying a world filled with dragons with a high-tech society intrigued me. My most awesome critique partner, Jen, said that it read like Pern meets CSI. I loved that descripton. Especially since I'm a fan of both.

Here's a blurb to entice you.

On the tropical island of Cambry, a ghastly, flesh-eating blight is killing the dragons and threatening prime hatching grounds. It's up to hatching ground director, Darion Archer and IFM agent, Serrah Gayle to stop the disease before it's too late.

Go here to read an excerpt.

Hope you enjoy.

-Kat

6 comments:

Jody W. and Meankitty said...

Congratulations! I love themed anthologies.

Jody W.

Carolan Ivey said...

Awesome trailer!

It was a pleasure to change your sidebar item from "Coming Soon" to "Available Now!" :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I missed out on the "Dragon Party" unfortunately. But I can't wait until the antho is out. :)

~X

Margo Lukas said...

That trailer just made my whole body tingle! I'm treating myself to a new book today! Because I deserve it :)

CSI and Pern? Bring it on, Kat. Dragons are just the coolest.

~Margo

Margo Lukas said...

Kat - I just read chapter one and it made me tear up. Ugh, but I've got to go work now :( Guess I know what I'll be reading tonight!

~Margo

Kathleen Scott/MK Mancos said...

Thank you ladies!! I loved writing it. I've been asked if I plan to write a sequel to this...or revisit Cambry. The answer is yes. I think I need to explore Tavil, Darion's brother, who is an IFM agent.

-Kat